Who We Are
The Karnes City ISD Education Foundation is formed by a group of caring and committed leaders who have a shared vision of enhancing educational opportunities and student success for all students in the Karnes City Independent School District. The Foundation is an independent, non-profit IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization governed by a volunteer board of directors who have a connection to Karnes City ISD and a common desire for promoting its excellence in education.
The Karnes City ISD Education Foundation will partner with the community to provide resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning, and provide opportunities for excellence in education for all students in the Karnes City Independent School District.
The Karnes City ISD Education Foundation is the most active STEM development organization in Karnes County and the Eagle Ford Oil Play.
Working to use this time to improve overall academic success in our school district in all grades K-12 and break the cycle of poverty and create STEM careers at home for use in the oil industry and more.
Jennifer (Ebrom) Dillingham ’03
Attorney at Law
CFO in Construction Industry
VP Finance & Governance
Kevin Matula ’11
Karen (Mika) Fos ’02
Small Business Owner
Superintendent of Schools
Executive Member at Large
Eric Opiela ’96
Attorney at Law
- Tina Butler – Retired Educator
- Sandra (Houck) Carter ’65 – Business Owner
- David Chapman – Attorney at Law
- Gretchen Dupnik – Retired Educator
- Joi (Hierholzer) Ernst ’03 – Small Business Owner & Community Leader
- Wade Hedtke ’96 – Insurance Agent
- Lajuana Kasprzyk – County Auditor
- Debby Martin – Retired Educator
- Cheryl Moy – Retired Educator
- Alice Poore – Retired Educator
- Sherry Sommer – City Councilman
- Carol Swize – County Clerk
- Rotating Attendees – KCISD School Board Trustee
Esteemed Former Members
Marisa (DeLeon) Beavers, Laurie (Jauer) Carrothers, Larry Franke DDS, Ruben Garcia, Paul Jaure, Rosendo Martinez, Dennis Mika, Sharon (Schroeder) Purser, Augustine Quintanilla, Raymond Robinson, Trip Ruckman, Mary Ann (Kotara) Schirmer, Melissa (Padron) Valdez, Scott Wiatrek, D’Ann (Janysek) Williams, Amy (Poore) Witte, Dena Witte.